Philippians 3:12-14

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sack Cloth and Ashes

No, Hillary wasn't worse.

No, abortion is not a bigger issue than taking care of the living.

No, Trump was not put in the while house by God.

No, he does not have any kind of heavenly "anointing."

No, it wasn't difficult to tell that he was a fraud and a con man.

No, the Republican Party is NOT the party of family values, or any values at all, really.

No, patriotism does not equal Christianity.

No, America (or today's Israel) is no more a "chosen nation" than Turkmenistan.

No, the flag and the national anthem are not sacred.

No, trickle down economics doesn't work.

No, the swamp can't be drained by installing Wall Street insiders and bankers.

No, climate change is not a hoax.

No, America has not been made great again.

America has been shown for what it is

petty

fearful

hateful

full of greed

Christians voted for this mess, and only Christians can fix it.

"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sins and heal their land." 2 Chron. 7:14

Most Christians read this thinking they are "standing in the gap" for the wickedness of the world when they pray, but that is not what it says. God was calling out the wickedness of his people.

Supporting a wicked man is wickedness.

And Trump is wicked.

The fruit of his life is lies, fraud, sexual assault, cheating his workers, cheating his wives. He has connections to mobsters and Russians and money launderers, and he admires the despots of the world more than democratic leaders.

Don't tell me we can't judge his heart. His heart is plain to see.

And it's time that Christians owned what they have done by installing this man as President over America.

And it's time for some major repentance.

Be stiff necked no more, Church.

Humility in prayer is the requirement for this unholy alliance.

Before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment