Philippians 3:12-14

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Third Day--Move


Lift up your face/ Lift up your face/ Salvation is calling/. Salvation is calling your name.

Thus begins Third Day’s latest album, Move.

Just over the horizon/ a new light is shining/ Salvation’s on its way

Once again Mac Powell and friends have created a collection of songs that are passionate and real. Encouragement is at the heart.

They encourage their listeners to take that step…

Well you’ve got love and I’ve got time/ Won’t you make a move before I change my mind/ And I want to believe it’s true/ I’m listening close/ won’t you make your move now

Speak that truth…

We are the saints/ We are the children/ We’ve been redeemed/ We’ve been forgiven/ We are the sons and daughters of God

Surrender it all…

You better give up/ Gotta stop running/ It’s the end of the line/ It’s time to surrender/ Hands up/ Turn it around/ Fall to the ground/ Are you gonna surrender

Always musically interesting, Third Day moves easily between genres. Surrender starts with a country sound, moves into rock, and finishes with strings. That’s versatility.

Mac Powell’s strong vocals lend strength to the words of his songs.

Don’t give up now/ Please, don’t let go/ What can feel like the ending/ Could just be the beginning/ Don’t give up hope

Could be that Third Day knows how important encouragement is…

Well, I’m gone/ It was nice to meet you, but I’m gone/ I’m sure gonna miss you, but I’ve got to keep moving on/ Can’t stay in one place too long/ Say a prayer for me, I’m gone

Encouragement. Soak it in, then MOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment